To all our American friends and customers we wish you a very Happy Independence Day! It got me thinking about red, white and blue and how actually these are important skincare colours.
- Red is the colour of our oxidised blood and ensuring your circulation is working to the best of it’s ability is vital for great skincare. Good circulation helps to eliminate toxins and also to take nutrients around the body.
- Red is also the colour of tomatoes, which I spoke about in my 5 foods to beat sun damage post, helping to neutralise the harmful effects of UV rays.
- You may have noticed that our Intensive Hydra Gel Moisturiser is white in colour. This is because it contains no unnecessary ingredients, it is designed with your skin’s health in mind. Be wary of highly coloured and perfumed lotions and potions, it’s very likely they’ve been artificially enhanced.
- Did you know that the Chamomile flower is white? It is renowned for its soothing properties and is a great ingredient to look for in your skincare products. We use it in our Calming and Soothing Serum which is perfect for those of you on the sensitive side.
- The most obvious blue thing to improve your skincare is water! I cannot stress enough how important being hydrated is. If you are thirsty you are already dehydrated. Water helps to keep your cells plump and prevent skin looking dull and lifeless (among many other things!) That’s why LYS products are formulated with water rather than oil.
Don’t forget if you are celebrating outside to pop that SPF on! But most importantly enjoy this lovely day with all your loved ones!